RW Bowman Working Class Barrel SaddleRW Bowman
The Working Class Barrel Saddle is made in the traditional time honored way, using a wood tree and leather ground work over a tin seat strainer. This saddle brings together a great combination of qualities needed in today's competition. It's durable; constructed of select,13-15oz. leather over a Steele Saddle Tree, LLC tree. Features American Made stainless steel hardware. Built to last and handle the demands of the competitive circuit. Double rigged with stainless steel c-rigging dee in front. Stylish bicycle style seat with floral and basket stamp tooling. Running W border and antique ranger star conchos. Its lightweight, coming in at just under 30lbs with the rear cinch.
- MSRP: $2200
- Tree: Competition Barrel Tree. Made of Southern Yellow Pine covered in a single, hand-laid layer of 6 oz fiberglass cloth. Manufactured by Steele Saddle Tree, LLC. The ground work is hand shaped using skirting leather over a 20 gauge tin seat strainer . We shape this leather to sit you comfortably in the saddle, eliminating the need for all the fancy-named thick padding that many are using today to cover poor ground work.
- Seat Size: Available in 14 ½", and 15 ½".
- Bars: Quarter Horse Bars
- Weight: Approximately 29 lbs.
- Gullet Width: 6 ½"
- Gullet Height: 7 ½"
- Swell: Round Fork; Width 12".
- Skirts: Length 25" (on 15 ½"seat), 24” on 14 ½" seat. Width 10 ½".Lined with faux shearling. 90% wool.
- Cantle: Height 4", Width 11 ¼", Dish 1 ¼". Style 1 ½" Cheyenne Roll. Hand Sewn.
- Horn: Height 3 ¾", Diameter 1 ¾". Leather covered. Hand Sewn.
- Stirrup Leathers: 2 ½" with Leather Covered Blevins Buckles. Machine sewn and copper riveted at the Blevins Buckles and at the top of the fenders.
- Stirrups: Off-set Aluminum
- Rigging: Stainless Steel in-skirt, 7/8’s position. Billet access slots in rear.
- Leather: 13-15 oz. Thoroughbred Skirting in Golden color.
- Trim: Antique Ranger Star conchos. All Hardware, including the saddle screws and washers, is Stainless Steel. The bicycle style padded seat is constructed with 3/8" closed cell foam. Covered with chocolate or black suede. We use the Union Lockstitch to sew and pull the 277 white nylon thread tight at 5 ½ stitches to the inch.
- Finish: Each Working Class Barrel Saddle first receives a warm coat of 100% pure neatsfoot oil, followed by a generous coat of Aussie Leather Conditioner.
- Tooling: Floral with basket stamp and Running W border.