RW Bowman The Traveler SaddleRW Bowman
The Traveler Saddle is made in the traditional time honored way, using a rawhide covered wood tree and leather ground work over a tin seat strainer. This saddle brings together a great combination of the antique and contemporary. It is constructed of select 13-15 oz. leather over a Steele Saddle Tree, LLC, tree with solid brass hardware. Built to last and be passed on as a family heirloom. The look of yesteryear with the comfort of a modern saddle.
- MSRP: $4290
- Tree: Mounted Shooter Tree made of Southern Yellow Pine covered in Rawhide. Manufactured by Steele Saddle Tree, LLC. The ground work is hand shaped using skirting leather over a 20 gauge tin seat strainer. We shape this leather to sit you comfortably in the saddle, eliminating the need for all the fancy-named thick padding that many are using today to cover poor ground work.
- Seat Size: Available in 15", 16" and 17"
- Bars: Quarter Horse Bars
- Weight: Approximately 48 lbs.
- Gullet Width: 6 ¾"
- Gullet Height: 8 ½"
- Swell: Round Fork; Width 12"
- Skirts: Length 27" (on 16"seat), Width 12 ½" lined with faux shearling, 90% wool.
- Cantle: Height 4", Width 13", Dish 1 ½". Style ½" Pencil Roll. Hand Sewn.
- Horn: Solid Bronze by Boise Foundry. Height 3", Diameter 3". Leather covered. Hand Sewn.
- Stirrup Leathers: 3" with Leather Covered Blevins Buckles. Machine sewn and copper riveted at the Blevins Buckles and the top of the fenders.
- Stirrups: Brass Bound Wooden 2 ½" Visialia with Half Covers.
- Rigging: Double Dee in 7/8's position. Solid Brass Dees.
- Leather: 13-15 oz. Golden colored Skirting.
- Trim: The Traveler comes with 8 ½" X 9" hand-made saddle pockets on the back jockeys (not removable). All Hardware including the saddle screws and washers is Solid Brass. Saddle strings on this eight string set hang 36" from the rear button, 18" from the seat buttons, and 24" from the front button. We use the Union Lockstitch to sew and pull the 277 white nylon thread tight at 5 ½ stitches to the inch.
- Finish: Each Traveler Saddle first receives several warm coats of 100% pure neatsfoot oil, followed by a generous coat of Aussie Leather Conditioner.
- Tooling: Running W Border with shell on each side.