RW Bowman Training SaddleRW Bowman
We've heard of a few who build their training saddles to last for only a short time. We build ours to last. No short cuts here on rivets, screws, nails, or workmanship.
- MSRP: $2290
- Tree: DL Reiner, rawhide covered and rawhide laced. Manufactured by Steele Saddle Tree, LLC. The ground work is hand shaped using skirting leather over a 20 gauge tin seat strainer seat. We shape the leather to sit you comfortably in the saddle, eliminating the need for all the fancy-named thick padding that many are using today to cover poor ground work.
- Seat Size: Available in 15.5", 16", 16.5" and 17".
- Bars: Full Quarter Horse Bars
- Weight: Approximately 35 lbs.
- Gullet Width: 7"
- Gullet Height: 8"
- Swell: Reiner; Width 13"
- Skirts: Length 27", Width 14" lined with faux shearling 90% wool.
- Cantle: Height 3" Width 12½" Dish 1 ¼" . Style 2 ¼" Cheyenne Roll with overlay. Hand Sewn.
- Horn: Height 2 ¼" Diameter 2". Leather covered and hand sewn.
- Stirrup Leathers: 2½" with leather covered Blevins Buckles.
- Stirrups: Wooden metal bound bell stirrups. Natural rawhide covered and hand laced. 3" treads.
- Rigging: Horseshoe Brand In-skirt rigging in 7/8's position. 3" Stainless Steel dees in rear.
- Leather: 13-15 oz. Thoroughbred Golden colored Rough Out Leather.
- Trim: Finished with leather rossettes and satinless steel screws and washers. We use the Union Lockstitch to sew and pull the 277 white nylon thread tight at 5 1/2 stitches to the inch.
- Finish: Each Training Saddle first receives a warm coat of 100% pure neatsfoot, oil followed by a generous coat of Aussie Leather Conditioner. Edges are burnished by hand rubbing.