RW Bowman Sendero Trail SaddleRW Bowman
The The Sendero Trail Saddle is built in the same traditional time honored way using a wood tree and leather ground work over a tin seat strainer as all our saddles. In answer to many customer requests, it features Dual Density Visco–Memory Foam for an extra-soft seat. The super soft padding is covered with perforated top grain leather. All the hardware on this model is solid brass. This saddle comes in multiple tree sizes including...Full Quarter: 7" Gullet, Extra Wide: 7 1/2" Gullet, Mule: 6 3/4" Gullet, and Gaited: 6 1/2" Gullet.
- MSRP: $2440
- Tree: Trail Tree made of Southern Yellow Pine and covered in a single, hand-laid layer of 6 oz fiberglass cloth. Manufactured exclusively for us by Steele Saddle Tree, LLC. The ground work is hand shaped using skirting leather over a 20 oz. tin seat strainer. We shape this leather to sit you comfortably in the saddle, just as we would if we were building a slick seat saddle.
- Seat Size: Available in 15", 16", 17", and 18"
- Bars: Offered in Full Quarter, Extra Wide, Mule and Gaited
- Weight: Approximately 30 lbs
- Gullet Width: Full Quarter 7", Extra Wide 7 1/2", Mule 6 3/4", and Gaited 6 1/2".
- Gullet Height: 9"
- Swell: Tall Swept Back; Width 13 ½"
- Skirts: Length 25 ½" (on 16” seat); Width 12" at front and 10" at rear. Lined with faux shearling, 90% wool.
- Cantle: Height 5", Width 12 ½", Dish 1 ½". Style 1 ½" Cheyenne Roll. Hand Sewn.
- Horn: Height 3" Diameter 2 ½". Leather covered. Hand Sewn.
- Stirrup Leathers: 2 ½" with Leather Covered Blevins Buckles. Machine sewn and copper riveted at the Blevins Buckles and the top of the fenders.
- Stirrups: Trail Stirrups with 4" treads.
- Rigging: Solid Brass Plate Hardware. In-Skirt Rig
- Leather: Available with 13-15 oz. Thoroughbred skirting leather in Dark Oil Antique.
- Trim: Solid Brass Footman's Loops with Tie Rings. All Hardware including the saddle screws and washers is Solid Brass. Saddle strings cut from premium 5-7 oz. latigo. We use the Union Lockstitch to sew and pull the 277 nylon thread tight at 5 ½ stitches to the inch
- Finish: Each Sendero Trail Saddle first receives a warm coat of 100% pure neatsfoot oil, followed by a generous coat of Aussie Leather Conditioner.
- Tooling: Santa Fe Diamond with double cut lines on each side give this model just the right amount of border tooling.