RW Bowman Ole No. 3 Trail SaddleRW Bowman
The Ole Number 3 incorporates many of the same features as our original B-Light Trail Saddle. The major differences include the cantle, skirt, and fender design... producing a simpler and lighter trail saddle.
- MSRP: $2190
- Tree: B-Light Trail Tree made of Southern Yellow Pine, covered in a single, hand-laid layer of 6 oz fiberglass cloth. Manufactured exclusively for us by Steele Saddle Tree, LLC. The ground work is hand shaped, using skirting leather over a 20 gauge tin seat strainer. We shape this leather to sit you comfortably in the saddle, eliminating the need for all the fancy-named thick padding that many are using today to cover poor ground work.
- Seat Size: Available in 15", 16", 17", and 18".
- Bars: Available in Full Quarter Horse or Extra Wide for mutton withered, Draft crosses, Haflingers, etc.
- Weight: Approximately 27 lbs.
- Gullet Width: Full Quarter Horse 7" or Extra Wide 7 1/2"
- Gullet Height: 8"
- Swell: A-Fork; Width 10".
- Skirts: Length 25" (on 16” seat); Width 14" at front and 9" at rear. Lined with faux shearling, 90% wool.
- Cantle: Height 4", Width 13", Dish 1 1/2". Style 1/2" Pencil Roll. Hand Sewn.
- Horn: Height 2 3/4" Diameter 2 1/2". Leather covered. Hand Sewn.
- Stirrup Leathers: 2 1/2" with Leather Covered Blevins Buckles. Machine sewn and copper riveted at the Blevins Buckles and the top of the fenders.
- Stirrups: Trail Stirrups with 4" treads.
- Rigging: Stainless Steel Double C Rigging.
- Leather: Available with 13-15 oz. Thoroughbred skirting leather in Black , Mahogany, Walnut or Golden.
- Trim: Horseshoe Brand Cathedral Conchos with Tie Loops. All Hardware including the saddle screws and washers is Stainless Steel. Saddle strings cut from premium 5-7 oz. latigo. The padded seat is constructed with 1/2" closed cell foam, covered with 4-5 oz. chap leather. We use the Union Lockstitch to sew and pull the 277 nylon thread tight at 5 1/2 stitches to the inch.
- Finish: Each Ole No.3 Trail Saddle first receives a warm coat of 100% pure neatsfoot oil, followed by a generous coat of Aussie Leather Conditioner.
- Tooling: Double cut line border tooling