RW Bowman Mounted Shooter SaddleRW Bowman
The Mounted Shooter Saddle is made in the traditional, time honored way, using a rawhide covered wood tree and leather ground work, over a tin seat strainer. This saddle brings together a great combination of qualities needed in today's mounted shooting competition. It is very durable; constructed of select 13-15oz. leather over a Steele Saddle Tree, LLC tree with stainless steel hardware. Built to last, yet stylish and period correct with Sam Stagg rigging and leather covered stainless steel dees. A unique combination of period styling and today's comfort allow us to offer you a saddle with the authentic look you're after and the feel of a competition saddle.
- MSRP: $2690
- Tree: Mounted Shooter Tree, made of Southern Yellow Pine covered with rawhide. Manufactured by Steele Saddle Tree, LLC. The ground work is hand shaped, using skirting leather over a 20 gauge tin seat strainer. We shape this leather to sit you comfortably in the saddle, eliminating the need for all the fancy-named thick padding that many are using today to cover poor ground work.
- Seat Size: Available in 14", 15",16", and 17".
- Bars: Quarter Horse Bars
- Weight: Approximately 34 lbs.
- Gullet Width: 6 ¾"
- Gullet Height: 8 ½"
- Swell: Round Fork; Width 12".
- Skirts: Length 27" (on 16"seat); Width 12 ½". Lined with faux shearling, 90% wool.
- Cantle: Height 4", Width 13", Dish 1 ½". Style ½" Pencil Roll. Hand Sewn.
- Horn: Height 3 1/4" Diameter 2 1/4" Leather covered. Hand Sewn.
- Stirrup Leathers: 2 ½" with Leather Covered Blevins Buckles. Machine sewn and copper riveted at the Blevins Buckles and the top of the fenders.
- Stirrups: Wooden 3" Bell.
- Rigging: Sam Stagg in 7/8's position with leather covered stainless steel dees. Rigged with four 1 ¾" tie straps.
- Leather: 13-15 oz. Thoroughbred Skirting in Walnut color.
- Trim: All Hardware including the saddle screws and washers is Stainless Steel. Saddle strings on this eight string set hang 36" from the rear button, 18" from the seat buttons, and 24" from the front button. We use the Union Lockstitch to sew and pull the 277 white nylon thread tight at 5 ½ stitches to the inch.
- Finish: Each Mounted Shooter Saddle first receives several warm coats of 100% pure neatsfoot oil, followed by a generous coat of Aussie Leather Conditioner.
- Tooling: Running W border.