RW Bowman Camino Trail SaddleRW Bowman
The The Camino Trail Saddle is built in the same traditional time honored way as all of our other Bowman saddles. Built using a wood tree and leather ground work over a tin seat strainer, this saddle is both tremendously comfortable and durable. In answer to many customer requests, it features Dual Density Visco–Memory Foam for an extra-soft seat. This padding is covered with perforated top grain leather. All the hardware on this model is solid brass.
- MSRP: $2440
- Tree: This trail tree is made of Southern Yellow Pine covered in a single, hand-laid layer of 6 oz fiberglass cloth. Manufactured exclusively for us by Steele Saddle Tree, LLC. The ground work is hand shaped, using skirting leather over a 20 oz. tin seat strainer .We shape this leather to sit you comfortably in the saddle, just as we would if we were building a slick seat saddle.
- Seat Size: Available in 15," 16," 17", and 18".
- Bars: Offered in Full Quarter, Extra Wide, Mule and Gaited
- Weight: Approximately 30 lbs.
- Gullet Width: Full Quarter 7", Extra Wide 7 1/2", Mule 6 3/4", and Gaited 6 1/2"
- Gullet Height: 8"
- Swell: Round; Width 13 ½"
- Skirts: Length 25 ½" (on 16” seat); Width 12" at front and 10" at rear. Lined with faux shearling, 90% wool
- Cantle: Height 4", Width 13", Dish 1 ½". Style 1 ½" Cheyenne Roll. Hand Sewn
- Horn: Height 3" Diameter 2 ½" Leather covered. Hand Sewn
- Stirrup Leathers: 2 ½" with Leather Covered Blevins Buckles. Machine sewn and copper riveted at the Blevins Buckles and the top of the fenders.
- Stirrups: Trail Stirrups with 4" treads
- Rigging: Solid Brass, Double C Rigging
- Leather: Available with 13-15 oz. Thoroughbred Dark Oil Antique Skirting
- Trim: Solid Brass Footmans Loops with Tie Rings. All Hardware including the saddle screws and washers is Solid Brass. Saddle strings cut from premium 5-7 oz. latigo. We use the Union Lockstitch to sew and pull the 277 nylon thread tight at 5 ½ stitches to the inch
- Finish: Each Camino Trail Saddle first receives a warm coat of 100% pure neatsfoot oil followed by a generous coat of Aussie Leather Conditioner
- Tooling: Santa Fe Diamond with double cut lines on each side give this model just the right amount of border tooling.