RW Bowman B–Light Trail Saddle II
Regular price $ 2,695.00 Sale price$ 2,195.00 Save $ 500.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $100
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
The B- Light Trail Saddle II is the same great saddle many of you have come to know and love. The only difference is the skirt pattern. We've had several calls for a square skirt version of the B-Light Trail. Here it is! Made the traditional time honored way ,using a wood tree and leather ground work over a tin seat strainer. The shear simplicity of this saddle is it's real beauty. No gimmicks here; just an honest-to-goodness , hand made saddle with no short cuts.
- MSRP: $2695
- Tree: The B-Light Trail Tree made of Southern Yellow Pine is covered in a single, hand-laid layer of 6 oz fiberglass cloth. It is manufactured exclusively for us by Steele Saddle Tree, LLC. The ground work is hand shaped using skirting leather over a 20 gauge tin seat strainer. We shape this leather to sit you comfortably in the saddle eliminating the need for all the fancy-named thick padding that many are using today to cover poor ground work.
- Seat Size: Available in 15", 16", 17" and 18".
- Bars: Available in Full Quarter Horse or Extra Wide for mutton withered horses, Draft crosses, Haflingers etc.
- Weight: Approximately 30 lbs.
- Gullet Width: Full Quarter Horse 7" or Extra Wide 7 1/2".
- Gullet Height: 8"
- Swell: A-Fork; Width 10".
- Skirts: Length 26" (on 16” seat), Width 11" at front and 10" at rear. Lined with faux shearling, 90% wool.
- Cantle: Height 4", Width 13", Dish 1 ½". Style 1 ½" Cheyenne Roll. Hand Sewn.
- Horn: Height 2 ¾" , Diameter 2 ½" Leather covered. Hand Sewn.
- Stirrup Leathers: 2 ½" with Leather Covered Blevins Buckles. Machine sewn and copper riveted at the Blevins Buckles and the top of the fenders.
- Stirrups: Wooden Bell stirrups with 3" tread. Metal bound and natural rawhide covered. Hand laced .
- Rigging: Dropped plate rigging in 7/8’s position. Hardware is Stainless Steel Horseshoe Brand.
- Leather: 13-15 oz. Thoroughbred Skirting Leather . Available in Mahogany, Walnut, Black or Golden .
- Trim: Horseshoe Brand Cathedral Conchos with Tie Loops. All Hardware including the saddle screws and washers is Stainless Steel. Saddle strings cut from premium 5-7 oz. burgundy latigo. The bicycle style, padded seat is constructed with 3/8" closed cell foam and covered with 4-5 oz. chap leather. We use the Union Lockstitch to sew and pull the 277 white nylon thread tight at 5 ½ stitches to the inch.
- Finish: Each B-Light Trail Saddle II first receives a warm coat of 100% pure neatsfoot oil followed by a generous coat of Aussie Leather Conditioner.
- Tooling: Border Tooled with stems and turnbacks.
- Optional Accessories: Rear Flank Cincha and Bucking Rolls available separately or as a set. Shown in our Bowman Saddle section, and under Tack and Accessories.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.