RW Bowman Exotic Barrel SaddleRW Bowman
The Exotic Barrel Saddle is made in the traditional time honored way using a rawhide covered and rawhide laced CJ barrel racing tree. This high quality tree is produced by Batie's Custom Saddle Tree, Inc. This saddle brings together a great combination of qualities and high end features needed in today's competitive Barrel Racing events. It is extremely durable; constructed with select 13-15oz. leather and stainless steel hardware. Built to last yet stylish, it is double rigged with a stainless steel c-rig in front. It has an exotic zebra striped stingray seat with a pink strip down the center of the seat. It is also available with a cranberry red ostrich seat. It has geometric block tooling with a seed and swirl tooled border. Horseshoe Brand American made stainless hardware and beautiful berry conchos covered in crystals. It's lightweight , at just under 30lbs with the rear cinch. It's not the lightest on the market but a good compromise between weight and durability.
- MSRP: $2600
- Tree: CJ Barrel Tree ,rawhide covered and rawhide laced. Manufactured by Batie Custom Saddle Tree, Inc. The ground work is hand shaped using skirting leather over a 20 gauge tin seat strainer .
- Seat Size: Available in 14 ½" , 15, and 15 ½".
- Bars: Quarter Horse Bars
- Weight: Approximately 29 lbs.
- Gullet Width: 6 ½"
- Gullet Height: 8"
- Swell: CJ Fork; Width 12 ½".
- Skirts: Length 25 ½" (on 15"seat); Width 10 ½" lined with wool shearling, 1" density.
- Cantle: Height 4", Width 12 ½", Dish 1 ¾". Style 1 ½" Cheyenne Roll. Hand Sewn.
- Horn: Height 3 ½" Diameter 1 ¾". Leather covered. Hand Sewn.
- Stirrup Leathers: 2 ½" with Leather Covered Blevins Buckles. Machine sewn and copper riveted at the Blevins Buckles and the top of the fenders.
- Stirrups: Off-set Aluminum Barrel Racing Stirrups
- Rigging: In-skirt 7/8’s position with 2 ½" recessed beveled stainless steel dees in rear.
- Leather: 13-15 oz. Thoroughbred Golden Skirting.
- Trim: Berry Conchos with crystals. All Hardware including the saddle screws and washers is Stainless Steel. The bicycle style padded seat is constructed with 3/8" closed cell foam covered with your choice of exotic hides. We use the Union Lockstitch to sew and pull the 277 white nylon thread tight at 5 ½ stitches to the inch.
- Finish: Each Exotic Barrel Saddle first receives a warm coat of 100% pure neatsfoot oil followed by a generous coat of Aussie Leather Conditioner.